Fast-talking Storage Wars: Texas star Victor Rjesnjansky has made a career of bidding on storage lockers. As the owner of two businesses, a consignment clothing store and a revolving estate sale, he knows the hardship and the glory of being a business owner. Here he gives some advice to budding entrepreneurs
- You have to love what you are doing. If you do not have a passion for whatever it is that you are trying to start up, you will look for ways out of it every day.
- Gain experience in the field by ether working for someone else or though an internship, so you can learn the ups and downs of that particular business. You'll experience things you never imagined.
- Try not to go into debt to start your business. The more you borrow, the longer it will be before you make a profit.
- Being a self-starter is probably the most important part of owning a business. You have to be your own motivation. Your mom and dad won't be there to get you out of bed in the morning. If you are not ambitious, don't even attempt starting a business; you will fail.
- Don't be afraid to bump heads with someone if you really believe in yourself and your product. You should defend it to the end of the world.