Recipes by Kay
Her recipes below.
- In a large double boiler melt the butter and then add the sugar, salt, flour, evaporated milk and regular milk. Stir with a whisk.
- Add the egg yolks to the mixture, constantly stirring until thick. Add the vanilla extract.
- Place the vanilla wafers and bananas into a 9" x 13" Pyrex dish. Then pour in mixture.
- Chill before serving.
- Using a pie/pastry blender, mix Pioneer Biscuit Mix with sour cream and Sprite or 7-Up.
- Sprinkle extra biscuit mix onto a pastry sheet or wax paper and add dough.
- Press down dough and use a biscuit cutter to cut biscuits.
- Melt butter in an iron skillet and dip cut biscuits in skillet. Then place biscuits on a baking sheet.
- Cook in oven at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Season steaks with salt, pepper and flour.
- Brown them in a skillet with oil. Pour leftover oil into a container.
- Cut up the peppers, celery and onion. Add chopped vegetables, garlic cloves and can of tomatoes to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks back in skillet and bake for 2 hours at 325°.
- Serve over rice.
For some of Willie's favorite recipes, check out this excerpt from The Duck Commander Family. And for more of Kay's delicious recipes for meatloaf, fried chicken, gumbo and more, visit our Recipes from Kay's Kitchen page.