A&E’s Crazy Hearts Nashville Country Concert Sweepstakes Official Rules 2014
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Eligibility/Participation: A&E’s Crazy Hearts Nashville Country Concert Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) Contiguous United States (including the District of Columbia), who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age, or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is greater, at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of A&E Television Networks, LLC (“Sponsor”), bottlerocket marketing group, LLC (“Administrator”) and their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; and (b) release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the use or misuse or redemption of a prize, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes commences at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 03, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on January 23, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
5. Grand Prize Random Drawing: On or about one (1) business day after the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Administrator will perform one (1) Grand Prize Random Drawing (the “Grand Prize Drawing”), from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period, in order to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner. The odds of being selected as the potential Grand Prize winner depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Grand Prize/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Once confirmed as the official Grand Prize winner, as detailed below, the Grand Prize winner will receive a Grand Prize package for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest which will take them to the country concert of their choice (so long as tickets are available, within budget and subject to final Sponsor approval for any reason) to any city within the 48 Contiguous United States (unless otherwise approved by Sponsor). The Grand Prize package will include: (a) round trip coach class air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest from a major airport (at Sponsor’s discretion) near to the Grand Prize winner’s residence to a major airport (at Sponsor’s discretion) near the destination city of the applicable country concert; (b) two (2) tickets (seats to be at Sponsor’s discretion) to the selected country concert; (c) two (2) nights hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy) at a hotel of Sponsor’s selection in or near the destination city of the applicable country concert; and (d) round trip ground transportation to/from the airport in the destination to/from the Sponsor selected hotel, as well as to/from the Sponsor selected hotel to/from the concert (if applicable and necessary). The ARV of the Grand Prize is four thousand and five hundred dollars ($4,500).
7. Grand Prize Winner Notification/Verification: On or about January 24, 2014, Administrator will make up to two (2) attempts within one (1) business day following the Grand Prize winner’s selection to contact the potential Grand Prize winner via the email address and/or phone number provided on their entry form. If the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be reached during this period in which he/she is attempted to be contacted, such potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable entries. Once contact is made, the potential Grand Prize winner will be required, as a condition of verification and acceptance, to sign and return, within one (1) calendar day, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Acceptance, Publicity (where lawful) and Liability Release (“Release”). If Sponsor is unable to award the Grand Prize after three (3) attempts, the Grand Prize will not be awarded. By entering, all entrants and the potential/confirmed winner hereby consent to the use by the Sweepstakes Entities of their entry and all information contained therein including but not limited to, name, likeness, opinions, images, statements and/or other indicia of persona, and personally identifiable information (collectively “Likeness”), for any and all uses and purposes in any media now known or hereinafter developed throughout the world (including the World Wide Web and on-air) without additional consideration (where legal), consent or prior review, and upon request will provide written consent to such use. Grand Prize winner’s guest will also be required to fill out and return a release prior to travel. Noncompliance, failure to return any documents within the time specified, failure to respond to notification attempts or returns of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected. Grand Prize winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Grand Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize winner may forfeit the Grand Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
8. General Prize Conditions: All Grand Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and are subject to change. In Sponsor’s sole opinion, the concert selected by the Grand Prize winner must be a “country” concert. Sponsor reserves the right to approve/deny sending Grand Prize winner and guest to such selected concert if they do not deem it a country concert. The Grand Prize trip to the country concert must take place prior to September 30, 2014 and the Grand Prize winner must inform Sponsor of which concert they would like to attend at least sixty (60) days prior to the trip date (unless Sponsor approves otherwise), or else the Grand Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall owe no further obligations to Grand Prize winner. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the one (1) Grand Prize. The actual value of the Grand Prize may vary depending on location of Grand Prize winner’s residence, selected concert, fluctuations on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment, and other factors, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the Grand Prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent, in whole or in part, will be permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion, due to prize unavailability for any reason, and only then for a prize of greater or equal value determined by Sponsor shall be allowed. The Grand Prize winner may receive less than thirty (30) days notice prior to trip departure. If, for any unforeseen reason, any portion of the Grand Prize cannot be awarded (including cancellation or change of concert date), such portion(s) of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Grand Prize winner other than to supply the other elements of the Grand Prize package, with no additional consideration being awarded. It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and guest to be in possession of all necessary travel documentation (e.g., ID, Passport, Credit Card) at the time and place of departure, or the Grand Prize (or portion(s) thereof) may be forfeited. In the event the Grand Prize winner lives within a reasonable distance to the selected destination city (as determined by Sponsor), ground transportation may be substituted for air transportation, at Sponsor’s discretion, and no additional compensation will be awarded. Trip is subject to air/hotel availability, the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, schedule or route changes, holiday and blackout dates, and any other travel conditions/restrictions that may apply. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to, any and all taxes, meals, drinks, personal purchases/souvenirs, gratuities, luggage fees and any and all costs or expenses associated with travel are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner or guest. Travel will be made through Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel route. Grand Prize trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together at the same time and/or on the same itinerary and guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older, unless agreed to by Sponsor. If Grand Prize winner cannot find a guest to travel with them, or does not wish to travel with a guest, such portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and no substitution or compensation shall be owed by Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates, once such are in Grand Prize winner’s possession. Sponsor, and/or any other relevant party, reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to Grand Prize winner and/or guest if they act in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or other services, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, including the Promotion Application, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize winner. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Promotion Application, or elsewhere as Sponsor sees fit, and the Grand Prize will be awarded via random drawing from among all eligible entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. ENTRANTS AGREES THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability: Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities, and Facebook, Inc., (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and hereby release the Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook, Inc. from, any claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use/misuse or inability to use a prize, and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to a prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Entities, and Facebook, Inc. shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors; (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sweepstakes Entities or Facebook, Inc.; or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities and/or Facebook, Inc. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED.
11. Request for the Name of Winner and/or Official Rules: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to be received by 04/01/14, to: Crazy Hearts Nashville Country Concert Sweepstakes, c/o bottlerocket marketing group, LLC, 1500 Broadway, 32nd Floor, NY, NY, 10036. Please note on the left-hand corner of your envelope if you are requesting the Names of Winners or Official Rules. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
12. Administrator: bottlerocket marketing group, LLC, 1500 Broadway, 32nd Floor, NY, NY, 10036.
13. Sponsor: A&E Television Networks, LLC, 235 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A&E’s Crazy Hearts Nashville Country Concert Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 48 Contiguous US/DC, 21 and older. The Sweepstakes Period begins at 12:00 am ET on 01/03/14 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on 01/23/14. There is a limit of one (1) entry, per person, per day, throughout the Sweepstakes Period. For the Official Rules, visit http://www.facebook.com/CrazyHeartsAE. Sponsor: A&E Television Networks, LLC, 235 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017.